Christina Chan is a Taiwanese-American author-illustrator. She lives in a tiny house on a city farm in Los Angeles, where she makes color from vegetables and fruit. Tinkering with hydroponics, prospecting for gold, and having riveting conversations with cats are some of her favorite activities. She is a graduate of The Children’s Book Academy. Member of SCBWI and Kids Comic Unite.
The stories she likes to tell:
Picture books: whimsical and quiet.
Non-fiction picture books: narrative biographies about little known/forgotten people/events in American history.
Middle grade: action adventure.
Graphic Novels: wacky and quirky humor.
12 Fun Facts About Christina!
- studied the holistic healing arts such as massage therapy, essential oils, herbology, homeopathy, and energy therapy.
- an enthusiastic birder with a mission to see a capercaillie.
- lives in a tiny house on a city farm in the suburbs of Los Angeles.
- loves growing exotic vegetables.
- a rockhounder (someone who searches and collects rocks) and prospector (I might have been a 49ner in a previous life!)
- owns 3 metal detectors and dreams of finding treasure.
- crawled into a beaver’s house during an art residency in Alaska. (It smelled really nice!)
- loves exploring California.
- knowledgeable about edible and medicinal wild plants.
- met Jane Goodall!
- loves spicy food.
- would love to explore Antarctica some day.
- fascinated by unexplained phenomena.
Questions? Comments? Contact me!
Copyright 2018 Christina Chan. All rights reserved.